Thursday, October 7, 2010

I can't decide between speech and basketball-help!

A few of my friends really want me to do speech. I came to the meeting today, and it sounds really fun. They meet every Tuesday and Thursday with twelve meets between November 1st and March 19th. I would have to practice 4 hours a week and make 6+ of the meets.

I want to do girls' basketball too. I enjoy basketball and it would be a good winter sport between the tennis seasons. Basketball doesn't start until November 15 and ends March 12th. Practice would be everyday, most likely right after school for ~2 hours. There might be morning practice occasionally.

There's also nordic skiing, which I did last year. Nordic is cross-country. This year there's only (definitely) three guys on the team. I don't know any of them very well, and skiing was a huge commitment last year. I might try it again, since I really liked it, but probably not this year.

So, there's three things I can do. I suppose I could take up speech and when basketball rolls around I could go to the initial meeting and see if I could go make both teams. Tell me, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you will have time to do either if you are doing NaNoWriMo. I wouldn't have time. It's a good thing tennis is over because It's sure going to be hard to write 50,000 words in a month when you have other things to do. I'm pretty sure I've got myself into something, I just hope it will be fun.
    Sincerely,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete