Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ahh, can it be Thanksgiving vacation now?

Today was the day of the costume contest. I did okay. I didn't place like I did last year with Sabriel, but that's okay. There were some good costumes out there. However,  am very embarrassed to say the Lady of Lorien got beat by an i-pod with headphones, a shower, and Robin Hood with the Merry Not-Men. I mean, they were good, it's just odd to say you got beat by a shower. Haha, I had fun at any rate. :)
Maybe I can even find a better photo later.
Tomorrow I'm going ice-skating, yay! At 4 I'm leaving on my first ever speech meet, so I hope that'll be fun. It's not really a meet, I think it's called a workshop. We say our pieces and get judged, but no official scoring or anything. At the moment, I am only doing a drama, a bit from Madeleine L'Engle's A Ring of Endless Light. It's okay, but I think I'm more of a humorous than a dramatic. I'll go to the workshop and see how my piece does, but I'm hoping to switch to a neat little Calvin and Hobbes poetry piece. I did it last night and I really liked it. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment