Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Best Day- Listen to the song while you read this :)

I'm feeling about this happy.

 I was at church for lunch today and it was a soup and salad thing and I went there with mum and it was really nice. I ended up with that kinda warm, fuzzy feeling you get from church and happiness.


Tonight was closing night. It was AMAZING!!!! I managed to get my entire speech out correctly, I didn't skip lines, AMAZING! Jimmy got his glasses knocked off, they flew across the stage and into the crowd. He totally ad-libbed "Oh, my blasted glasses! Ahhh." in his Kokintz accent and rubbed his face. Then Jacinda picked them back up and handed them to him. He leaned over and blindly picked them up and pointed vaguely in Jacinda's area. "Zank you fery much." The crowd exploded. When it was quiet again, it was so hard to stay in character and finally Melinda said in her Mrs. Bascom voice "Where were we again?" It was so much fun! After our bows, Melinda called Mrs. Danforth up and Bailey gave her a beautiful bouquet of roses. Sharon flew the banner we made for Mrs. Danforth and we said our thank yous for so many years. The crown gave us a standing ovation. We went into the crowd and I got a wonderful miniature rose-bush. Alex asked me to go to the movies with him on Saturday. I can't see R movies, so I hope we'll see RED or Secretariat. We sat around for a while after and signed programs. My favorites were from Trevor, who promised more do-wop jokes and Carter whose campaign motto is Luke's "Vote for Reed, Don't do Weed!" Mrs. Danforth talked to me and said I've come far from what I was. I can't recall exactly what she said, but it made me happy; it was good. I just felt to good. I got up and hugged someone. I think it was Bianca. I could hear Sharon laughing, but it was a friendly "I'm with you" laugh. I said to Bianca "I'm just so happy right now." Now I'm feeling so nostalgic, sitting here in my tights. They're the ones I wore last year at state drama when I was a skunk-fairy. I've come so far. We all have.

I mean, I have all this homework and tomorrow is going to be a crazy day, but it's okay right now. I have a bubble of happiness and warmth and friends and it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment