Monday, January 3, 2011

Normality restored

 So school starts up again tomorrow. I'm terribly sad. I was supposed to memorize my script, but I didn't. I was supposed to memorize my poetry too, but (you guessed it!) I didn't. I suppose right now I don't really care. The 3rd-4th of January is a total downer time for me. I just look along my calender and think Oh man, five whole more months. Five! Aghh. Spring break isn't until- oh my God! We have January 17-18 off!!! YES! I love this!
Moving on to other subjects, I updated my other blog so it isn't just a pre-made Blogger design. I'm also trying out a new polling system (see below), so go look at it. If you really want to make me happy, comment about the stories, preferably on claribelhawkins.


What do you think of the new C.H. design? (Scale of 1-5)
5 4 3 2 1  


I've been going through my dashboard again, and here's a link to one of my favorites. It's her end of the year post. I don't know if I can come up with a list like she did, but I can try.

January: I saw Avatar and got a little obsessed. I LOVE Avatar. It is soo cool. I suppose a lot of other people think that, but that's okay. Sigourney Weaver made my cool actresses list.


February: We had a ski race in Lander and it was my first 5K. There were so few JV girls I placed 9th. It made me so happy.

March: Ski season finished a couple days before my birthday. We had spring break at the end of the month too.

April: My friend Anna and I got to go to prom, even though we were underclassmen. Not as dancers or whatever. We served food. It was really cool and we danced behind the food table a lot. There was a really incredible chandelier rigged to the ceiling.

May: I don't really remember much about May. School got out and I went on a huge bike ride with my friend Carter. He tells me it was 22 miles. I don't know. We rode from my house to the high school, through Canal Park to the library, then through the subdivision near Olive Glenn, then down this hill he calls 'Rollercoaster' to Beck Lake, then around New Cody and Markham reservoirs, down the hill, and past Maria's house. We were planning on taking the incredibly steep pedestrian sidewalk down the next hill. (That one where you flip over if you try to ride down it. If you've driven up the hill by the road to Red Lake, you know what I'm talking about.) There was a gate across it, so we lifted our bikes over and went down the hill to Dairy Queen. We got milkshakes and ate them by that clinic overlooking Sulphur Creek. It was amazing.

June: I went to a camp in Laramie for engineering. It was really cool and I met several nice people. We helped to build a community garden in the park and I went to my first ever amusement park and drove (for the first time!) a go-cart. Some of my friends and I took one of those old-fashioned get-in-an-ancient-costume pictures. On the way back from Denver (where the amusement park was) we played the Numa-Numa song and fist-pumped the ceiling of the Suburban and rocked it (literally) down the interstate.

July: I saw the Rolfcoptour tour. It was All-Caps, Lauren Fairweather of the Moaning Myrtles, the Whomping Willows, Justin Finch-Fletchley, the Parselmouths, part of Ministry of Magic (OMG!), and FiveAwesomeGirls. It was my first concert. Like, the next day, I drove down to Denver (again) with my family and we saw a Natalie Merchant concert before flying to New York to see my extended fam. I saw my cousins, swam in Lake Erie, and saw just how green a chlorinated pool can be. We were going to watch Shaun of the Dead, but my grandmother thought it would be inappropriate. She was probably right.

August: I went to camp in Montana and saw a lot of old friends. I met a new friend from Germany and there's a video somewhere on here of me and her singing Teletubbies. I went on the annual backpacking trip and saw my first grizzly. School started again and so did tennis tryouts. Those started the week before school and we played all day and into the night. I played pretty badly, and missed varsity, but I ended up as #2 JV.

September: My tennis partner and I played #3, which is good. We ended up with a record of 14-3 I think. At finals in Gillette, we placed third in the JV girl's B flight. Yay! I tried out for drama again and landed the role of 'Page' in The Mouse That Roared.

October: The play went really well and I had people coming up to me for a while after saying 'You were that page weren't you?' I got my second ever flower for a performance. Actually, it was a rosebush, but that's even better. One of my friends made me join Speech and Debate instead of my normal Nordic Skiing. I still have mixed feelings about Speech, but I'm thinking I'll join skiing again next year. I made a Halloween costume and entered the school contest again. As you probably remember if you've been reading this, I was Galadriel from LoTR.

November: Honestly, November was a big blur. I was doing NaNoWriMo and I wrote a story called "The Athenian League." You can read about that here. I met two new people, my ML and another lady, Brenna and Suzanne. They were really amazing and I probably wouldn't have finished my No without them. And sadly, this season of PBS Mystery came to an end. That's really the only show I watch so.... yeah, I bought my favorite episodes. XD The actress (Clare Holman) who plays the pathologist (Dr. Hobson) in Lewis made my favorite actresses list. She might have topped Maggie Smith, but I've only ever seen her as Dr. Hobson and I've seen a whole load of Maggie Smith.


December: I saw HP7 and the day before it came out, my French 2 class watch the French HP trailers and read the French wikipedia page. Pretty much epic. I think I finished the Hunger Games now. That's one of the many things on my "Kristina Horner Did This, Maybe I Should" list. I went to State Drama and that was really cool. We had a new director, Whitney, and it was kinda refreshing to have her. Trevor and I could share _______ jokes with her! It was great. I saw some amazing make-ups and a lot of pretty good prosceniums. It was fun. I went to my first New Year's Eve party and Trevor brought 48 party horns. I've never heard so many horns blown at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment