Friday, April 22, 2011

Oh Hey Kristina: BEDA 22

 So I was reading Oh Hey Kristina, and this is what she was writing about. I'm thinking I might temporarily move to Washington. Honestly, why do we have to take Longcat's health class when we could be taking a class about Miyazaki. Spirited Away. I love that movie. But that's not what we watched in health; we watched people argue, among other things. Anyways, check Kristina's school out:

"I've received two emails that have made me want to re-enroll in college. Check out these focus groups they're offering Summer quarter this year:

[CHID496A] Pokémon 101
The focus group will be watching Pokémon episodes, doing readings on Pokémon, learning about Japanese popular culture, and encountering questions about animal representation and rights.

[CHID 495] Animation: Miyazaki and the Vitality of Media
M and W are film screenings of Hayao Miyazaki's films and other important anime. Tuesdays and Thursdays we talk about the films in relationship to readings we've finished. Some of the films we will watch: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away.


DUDE. Why didn't I get to take these classes? It's like they created these classes FOR ME and I won't even be there to enjoy them!!!!

Moral of today's blog post = life is unfair. Also, stay in school."

Trailers:







I like all three of these. Spirited Away is a good adventure story, long but good. Princess Mononoke is more of an environmental film, and the part about the (I think it's called the) Nightwalker is a little confusing. Howl's Moving Castle is set Victorian era and I really liked it, especially the end. There's a novel called HMC, too, by Dianna Wynn Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment