Saturday, December 4, 2010

Drama Princess

I just got back from state Drama and it was pretty fun. Like I said earlier, we had a great cast and we all got along really well. Everyone was really supportive. We had a new director, Whitney, and she's really nice. She is tiny, reminiscent of Tinkerbell, and she wears a bright orange peacoat. I'll tell you my favorite stories here.
1. Duwop jokes. A duwop is a long, thin braid on a person with short hair. Our techie, Sharon, has a infamous duwop. We actually found another lady with a duwop at state and a play entitled 'duwop wed widing hood.'
2. The other night, our group went to watch 'You Can't Take It With You' which was put on by the college. It was really crowded at the end, so we kinda split into two groups. My friends and I were walking through the back hallways of the proscenium building to get to our team's little 'camp' and it was really dark. The end of the corridor leading to the camp was really dark and it had a curtain and a bright red exit sign over the door. Someone, Mel, I think said it was kinda creepy, so I started singing the Jaws music. And then the curtain flew back and someone was standing there! We screamed soo loud. I think Anna and I were the loudest through. We full-out screamed bloody murder. A guy actually looked out of the guys' dressing room to see what was happening. It was just Tyler, but my legs were shaking so hard. It was pretty funny.
3. The cafeteria food was really good. They served the best macaroni and cheese I think I've ever eaten. Our hotel had amazing cream cheese muffins. The chocolate ones weren't bad either....
4. Last night, we got back to our hotel at about 10:30. We decided to get pizza. It arrived around 11 and we had to be in our rooms by 11:30. It was really fun. We had cheese sticks and cheese pizza and canadian bacon pizza. Trevor spilled garlic sauce all over the table; it was pretty funny. We played 'Never Ever Have I Ever' for a while then went up to our rooms at 11:29. We were all sneaking down the hall, because we knew Sharon was probably watching through her peephole. Then Bailey stomped really loudly and we all ran away. :D
5. Sharon has a bus driver license.
6. I saw JJ at state and he did a costume design of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Did anyone ever make a dramatic adaptation of it? I did Camelot. It was fun.
7. We had a pillow fight on the bus ride home and that was cool. We stopped for gas in Meeteetsee and I got off the bus and walked around it. Melinda was sitting with her back against the window and I knocked on it. She shrieked so loud I could hear it through the window. I got back on the bus and she called me a trickster or something, haha.
8. I found this old cartoon I used to watch called Poochie. It was neat to find it for real. Go here to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment