Thursday, July 28, 2011

Your perspective changes when you grow up.

This post is about two things I thought about when I was little.
a. I hated being slightly bucktoothed, and I imagined being like Hermione and having Madame Pomfrey shrink my teeth.
b. I thought Hot Topic was a "bad" store for weird people.

Now, I was in Billings today, after driving myself up, and I went to the orthodontist and her fixed my braces and then sanded some bits of my teeth off. So I don't have slightly bucktoothed teeth anymore. It's kinda hard for me to take in; the source of so much childhood stress is gone, completely. Wow....

I also went to Hot Topic and bought a Hogwarts flag and a cute sparkly scarf. And I signed up for a points card. I really like that store now, they even have Uglydoll hats. The punky people there are so nice. They're some of the nicest store people I've ever met. I have to admire punks in a way. I think it takes a lot of courage to dye your hair and get pierced and just be yourself, like they are.

Haha, listen to modern-day me....

2 comments:

  1. Hot Topic is amaaazing.

    Just for the love of God don't go in Spencer's. Awful place. It scares me. They sell "things" in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Spencer's is kinda.....yeah..... I got this awesome sparkly scarf and a hogwarts college banner. :D

    ReplyDelete